In working in partnership with Bristol City Council – we have empowered lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to become actively involved in community life. We pride ourselves in challenging homophobia and transphobia in the wider community and help promote understanding of equality and inclusion of LGBT people.
But our efforts are not just confined to producing studies, campaigning, consultation or information provision – every year the Forum celebrates and supports the major events in the calendar of the City’s LGBT life: LGBT History Month, IDAHO, Pride Bristol and the LGBT Film Festival.
So please make sure you bookmark our webpage – we work hard at keeping up to date with interesting articles and events. We have built up good relationships with Bristol’s LGBT businesses and groups, and are more than pleased to share this wealth of knowledge with you.
We also encourage you to contribute too – for none of our work could be possible without your input. As our name suggests – we are a forum – we listen to what all our members have to say. Don’t worry, there is no heavy commitment to becoming a member, it is even free to join – but what we are sure you’ll get is a really good sense of achievement and the opportunity of changing things for the better.
Diversity in Primary schools – we are applying for funding for a 5 yr project to work with Bristol primary schools to ensure:
- that they have the tools, ability and confidence to teach LGBT diversity within the curriculum
- that they challenge homophobia and homophobic bullying
- that each school has the opportunity to set us a support network for LGBT families, governors and staff
Walk Out (in partnership with Walk for Health)
- Latest walk dates –See the WalkOut Page We are very grateful for the funding of this project to ‘Awards for All’ and Lloyds Bank Foundation. We are working alongside Walk for Health providing an LGBT walking group with the aim of reducing isolation for disabled and older LGBT people.
- Come join us in the first of many regularly planned informal coffee mornings – to be held in homes in and around Bristol for LGBT people and their friends.
- Make new friends and share ideas – including those for new events and activities.
- Call 07895179689 or email email@example.com to book a place and get the address.
Bristol Hate Crime Services
Since June 2013 we have been playing our part in the provision of Bristol Hate Crime Services – for more information please go to our Hate Crime webpage.
Thank you… and have fun exploring our website and blog.
The LGBT Bristol team.
PS. You will find lots of detailed information on this website of our endeavours – past and present and also plans for the future – a good place to start is our about us page.
DONORS & SPONSORS
We are very grateful for the following companies for donation/support FluidSurveys.com – for surveys and forms.