This is a static, legacy directory shows 10 cards at a time, but will not be updated beyond September 2020. You can use the drop-down selector to filter for a specific category (use the scroll bar for smoother scrolling), or search for a category.
You can click on a name or picture to visit the website and on a phone number to dial it on your mobile, Face Time or other telephony app. You can also clik on the Bio and Notes links for more information.
For over 30 years LGBT Humanists has promoted humanism as a rational, naturalistic worldview that trusts the scientific method as the most reliable route to truth and encourages a moral and ethical life based on logic, reason and compassion. We campaign for equality and diversity, particularly relating to sexual orientation and identity – both in the UK and internationally. We’re a volunteer-led section of Humanists UK and entirely funded by supporter donations.
What we do
LGBT Humanists promotes humanism and LGBT equality, working to combat prejudice and discrimination against humanists and lesbians and gay men. In furtherance of these aims it:
- Holds regular open, public meetings in London with speakers and discussions
- Maintains a website, promoting their work worldwide and linking to other relevant online resources and organisations.
- Carries out other occasional media work including radio, press and TV to promote its aims.
- Makes submissions to government committees and responds to government consultative documents concerning LGBT rights.
- Supports demonstrations and other groups that advance these aims.
- Provides stalls and information at Public Events for lesbian/gay and Humanists.
- Publicises the work of a public figures involved in LGBT and/or Humanism rights through Residential Weekend Conferences and an Annual Lunch (both events are open to the public – though the weekend incorporates the AGM where only members are entitled to vote.).