This is a static, legacy directory shows 10 cards at a time, but will not be updated beyond September 2020. You can use the drop-down selector to filter for a specific category (use the scroll bar for smoother scrolling), or search for a category.
You can click on a name or picture to visit the website and on a phone number to dial it on your mobile, Face Time or other telephony app. You can also clik on the Bio and Notes links for more information.
Womankind BristolWomankind BristolWomen Only, NOT LGBT-specific
Womankind provides women in the Bristol area with free or affordable professional counselling, psychotherapy and on-going support. We provide:
- A Helpline for women in distress and women suffering domestic abuse
- Befriending for women with enduring mental health issues living in South Gloucestershire
- Individual counselling for women on benefits and low incomes
- Outreach and specialist counselling services
- Short-term psychotherapy groups focussing on specific issues e.g. sexual abuse
- Open-ended psychotherapy groups for women who need longer term support
- A private counselling and group therapy service for women who can afford to pay
- Confidential assessment to help you find out what support you need
We also offer…
- Volunteering opportunities in administration, helpline and befriending
- Student placements for counsellors who are interested in working psychodynamically
- Training for volunteers and professionals