The directory shows 10 cards at a time, you can use the drop-down selector to filter for a specific category (use the scroll bar for smoother scrolling), or search for a category.
You can click on a name or picture to visit the website and on a phone number to dial it on your mobile, Face Time or other telephony app.
No Image Available
Categories: Advice, Help and Support, Asylum & Immigration, Benefits, Homelessness, Legal, LGBT, London, UK
The UK Lesbian & Gay Immigration Group (UKLGIG) is a charity that promotes equality and dignity for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people who seek asylum in the UK, or who wish to immigrate here to be with their same-sex partner. ASYLUM Please note that we can ONLY respond to your asylum queries if you are already in the UK. Please read the information on the website about the UK asylum system and procedure. For further advice, please attend one of our monthly asylum legal meetings, where volunteer solicitors will be giving general advice about the asylum process and where you can meet other LGBT asylum seekers as well as speak to our members of staff in person. Alternatively, you can call our helpline at 020 7922 7811 at the following times: M 10-1 | T 10-4 | W closed | Th 10-4 | F 10-4 | If we are unable to take your call during these hours, please leave a message with contact details and we will return your call as soon as we can.
Categories: England & Wales, Lesbians, Mental Health
Wish is a unique charity that works with women in secure hospitals and prisons throughout England and Wales. It is the only organisation to provide independent advocacy and emotional support at all stages of a woman’s journey through the mental health system. We reach out to those deemed at risk of entering secure settings, seek to improve the quality of care for women already detained, and maintain our support after their release or discharge. Wish is a user led, membership organisation which is run by women with experience of mental distress and the mental health system. This applies to over half of Wish’s Board of Directors, as well as to many of our paid staff members and volunteers.
Categories: Advice, Help and Support, Counselling, Lesbians, Mental Health
Womankind provides women in the Bristol area with free or affordable professional counselling, psychotherapy and on-going support. We provide:
- A Helpline for women in distress and women suffering domestic abuse
- Befriending for women with enduring mental health issues living in South Gloucestershire
- Individual counselling for women on benefits and low incomes
- Outreach and specialist counselling services
- Short-term psychotherapy groups focussing on specific issues e.g. sexual abuse
- Open-ended psychotherapy groups for women who need longer term support
- A private counselling and group therapy service for women who can afford to pay
- Confidential assessment to help you find out what support you need
We also offer…
- Volunteering opportunities in administration, helpline and befriending
- Student placements for counsellors who are interested in working psychodynamically
- Training for volunteers and professionals